Lady Captain Robena McCandless and Mr. Captain Declan Dooher arrived in style at Banbridge Golf Club on St. Patricks Day to celebrate 100 years, of the Club’s founding. The course was opened for play on 17th March 1913 and was officially opened on 4th June 1913 by the Earl of Annesley who performed the ceremony before driving the first ball.
The Ladies Branch had their first AGM on June 2nd, 1912 were Mrs. Wilson Smyth was elected as Banbridge Golf Club’s first lady Captain. The Ladies Branch became affiliated to the ILGU in 1914. The first clubhouse was built in 1929 at a cost of £612. A member of the Ladies Branch was given the honour of officially declaring the clubhouse open.